- Ultracold gallery
- On the web
- Postdoc search
POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR POSITION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
|James Franck institute and Department of Physics of the University of Chicago|
|Job Description:||To conduct high-quality and innovative research projects on few- and many-body physics based on ultracold atoms and molecules.
Start date: Fall 2012.
|Research Directions:||1. Quantum phase transition, quantum dynamics and quantum magnetism of bosonic and fermionic atoms in optical lattices.
2. Scalable quantum information processing based on stereotactic control of single atoms.
3. Synthesis and interactions of ultracold heteonucleus and complex molecules.
More details can be found on our group website: http://ultracold.uchicago.edu/
|Research Facilities||1. Personnel: 2 postdocs, 4 graduate research assistants and 3 undergraduate research assistants.
2. Labs: 3 laboratories (total: 1600 square feet) and 2 apparatuses.
3. Supporting facilities: 1 student and 1 professional machine shop and 1electronic shop.
4. Major equipment: Fiber lasers, solid-state lasers (NPRO and Mopa), dye laser, CO2 laser, diode lasers.
|Qualification:||1. Ph.D. degree in experimental atomic, molecular and optical physics.
2. Experience in quantum gases and laser physics preferred.
|Application:||Interested applicants should email Cheng Chin <email@example.com> before 5/31/2011. Please prepare
2. Publication list,
3. A short statement of research interest, and
4. A list of three references.
We encourage applications from women and members of other under-represented groups.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
In-situ imaging of ultracold gases near a quantum phase transition
Quantum information processing and quantum microscopy based on translatable optical lattices